Saturday 14 March 2009

20 Questions with....The Zero Point

Band Name? THE ZERO POINT
Where from? Aarhus, Denmark
Members? Anders Snotbeam: Guitar & Backing vocals Søren Lærkegaard: Bass Christian Svenningsen: Drums Steen Thomsen: Vocal & Guitar……… and it is me who am doing this interview ;-)
Going since? I originally formed the band in 1979 and we went on to 1987 and then split. Then I reformed the band in 2002…………. I just needed to kick some ass…. BADLY!!Søren, Anders and I have been together since 2003. Christian have just joint us on the drums and we are really happy that he is part of our family now. He adds a new dimension to the sound and I think that we have never sounded better than now…… but who am I to judge.

Other names considered? The first idea was THE RATS and then we came up with THE LAST RESORT…… but at last we settled on THE ZERO POINT. We have never done a gig or even rehearsed under any other name.
Influences? The very early Punk Rock scene. Bands like: Sex Pistols, Ramones, Damned, Clash, Dead Boys, Heartbreakers, X-Ray Spex, Slaughter & The Dogs, New York Dolls. Misfits, Stiff Little Fingers.Now we are listening to a lot of different stuff. We all really like Rancid, Dropkick Murphys and Lars Fredriksens solo stuff, Stigma, Disasters. Anders and I are really on a hard core trip right now you know bands like: Sick Of It All, Agnostic Front and Madball.
1st song written? “JOIN THE ARMY” was the very first song that we did. You will be able to hear it on the “HOOLIGANS WITH CHEAP GUITARS” CD………. It´s really crappy…. BUT how we sounded at that time!
Last song written? “1 – 2 FUCK YOU!” at least that’s the last song recorded. We recorded it on our last U.K. tour and it features Fish (THE SKEPTIX, SECTION 5, DISCHARGE, HEADCLINIC) on lead guitar and backing vocals. But real soon we will start writing new stuff for the next CD.

Favourite cover by you or other band? Must be “Chinese Rocks”……. With an “s”!!
CD, tape or vinyl? For me it’s CD´s, but I still buy some vinyl…….. actually I really love collecting Punk Rock!!
Favourite take-out food? Depends on the mood but Pizza is always good. In the UK we fucking L-U-V Indian food…. And the local chip shop!
Favourite drink? Beer, Real Ale, single malt whisky…………… and I just love Cherry Coke… but you really can’t get it in Denmark………. GET SOME TASTE YOU DANISH BASTARDS!!! Ha!
Tattoos or piercings? Tattoos!! All of us got them……. Ehhhhh….. except Anders, he is still a nice clean canvas ;-)
Favourite live band? Ha! Ha! Absolutely US!!! Ha! Ha! Ha! We enjoy doing it SO much!!I have seen a lot of great shows, some of my favourites have been: Sex Pistols, Ramones, The Stranglers, Generation X, Slaughter & The Dogs, The Clash…….. but there really have been a lot!!
Favourite place to play? Anywhere they want us!!....... We just love doing it!!! We really like touring. We got a LOT of sweet memories of the UK and we want to go back real sooooooon!!! But we enjoy doing different countries…… so really any where they want us!!!
If you could form your ultimate super-group from people, living or dead, musicians or not, who would be in it and why? AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!! That’s not really fair to do things like that is it?? There are so many great musicians out there!! Well anyway lets give it at shot:
JOHNNY RAMONE, STEVE JONES & JOHNNY THUNDERS are some of my favourite guitar slingers. MATT FREEMAN from Rancid is a monster of a bass player and I am a really huge fan of his work!!The most impressive drummer I have EVER seen is RONNIE TUTT probably the greatest ever….. but MARKY RAMONE or POUL COOK would be great!I am sorry to disappoint you all but the front man that I want to see most of all now is Big E…… Mr. Elvis Presley himself!!
Meat or two veg? Meat! Absolutely meat for all 4 of us!!I have lived as a vegetarian for a couple of years but I just missed my steaks and burgers too much!! Fuck I am such a hypocrite: If you gave me a pistol and a cow I would NEVER get my beef!!
Best question ever asked, and what did you answer? Q: Do you want a beer and a taste of the 30 Year old ARDBEG?A: Make a wild guess!!
Any advice for people just starting bands? Go ahead fuckers!! It is the best thing that I have done in my entire life!! Ha! But DON´T expect to earn money or become big stars over night…………or at all…… but if you are a rock´n`roll junkie like me: GO FOR IT!!
A short message to the masses….the world according to you? Keep on supporting the scene motherfuckers!!Go to shows…. Even with bands you don’t know!! BUY albums…. Bands put a lot of money in it…. Support them…. Buy their albums and t-shirts at shows!!
BOOK US!!!.......... please JGet in touch with us through our homepage or MySpase!


If you would like me to put a link to one or more sites then please put the addresses here:-

http://www.myspace.com/thezeropoint

http://www.thezeropoint.8k.com

No comments:

Post a Comment